- Fishing – The Arkansas River boasts a 102 mile segment of Gold Medal Waters along with numerous high alpine lakes. ArkAnglers is the go to source for fishing info and gear.
- Hiking – The Colorado Trail goes right by our property, the Continental Divide Trail is easily accessed just down the road, and there are hundreds of miles to explore.
- Hot Springs – Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort is 1.7 miles down the road, Cottonwood Hot Springs is 15 miles away, and Joyful Journey Hot Springs is 50 miles away.
- Horseback Riding – Princeton Hot Springs Stables is 3 miles down the road and they offer long or short rides for the whole family.
- Whitewater Rafting – The Headwaters of the Arkansas River holds the most popular sections of whitewater in the state of Colorado.
- Museum – Salida, Buena Vista, and Leadville have museums to visit.
- Golf – The Collegiate Peaks Golf Course in Buena Vista and the Salida Golf Club are both 9 hole courses and are an easy drive away.
- Boating – Get out and explore a lake.
- Mountain Biking – The Colorado Trail has several excellent sections of single track close to the cabins. The world famous Monarch Crest Trail is close by as are hundreds of miles of single track.
- Downhill Skiing – Monarch Mountain is a little closer than Ski Cooper, but both are worth visiting.
- Cross Country Skiing – St Elmo is a great place to explore groomed trails.
- Snowmobiling – The mountains above St Elmo are a snowmobilers playground.
- Hunting – Hunting is one of the most popular activities for Chaffee County visitors and locals.
Restaurants – Salida and Buena Vista both have an excellent selection of restaurants.
Waterslide and swimming pool – Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort is 1.7 miles down the road; they have a 400 foot hot water slide, four large pools, numerous smaller rock hot tubs, and excellent Creekside lounging.
Activities in Chalk Creek Valley and above