The Little Dome Cabin is approximately 800 square feet. The open floorplan features a loft with a queen bed and futon couch. On the main level guests will enjoy the kitchen, living area with a fold out couch chairs, and a bath room. There is also a laundry room. The kitchen is equipped with a stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, blender, toaster, pots and pans along with cooking and eating utensils. The Little Dome has a pellet and gas stove.
The water in this “Little Dome”, is from a well, the well water is approx. 98 degrees at the well. It is natural warm water from the geothermal in the area. I suggest you bring drinking water, although some drink it, it just is what it is.
Blankets and pillows are provided. All guests must bring:
- Linens or sleeping bags for beds
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Trash bags
Any of these items can be provided for an additional fee.
The Little Dome is approximately 1/2 mile from the other Bunny Lane Cabins. See the property layout for details.
The lake shown in this photo “was in front of the Little Dome”, is or was known as Dead Horse Lake. It was filled by the Bowen Ditch, “behind the Little Dome”, which is a seasonal irrigation ditch that takes water from Chalk Creek to farm fields near Browns Creek school house, almost 15 miles south. As water has become Colorado’s gold in today’s world, lakes such as this one are no more, protect Colorado’s water.
You don’t want to be on the Bad List! Anyone who doesn’t follow the policies will be put on the Bad List and won’t be allowed to return for many years, in addition to losing your deposit.
Below are some pictures of the Little Dome cabin prior restoration and renovation.
“Pay it Forward”, This is where you help manage the cabin and save your deposit, Thank You from the next guest and Jeff
THE DISHES ARE CLEAN AND PUT AWAY, AND THE COUNTERS LEFT CLEAN,
FLOORS ARE CLEAN AND ALL RUGS HAVE BEEN SHAKEN OUT AND PUT BACK AS FOUND.
If the floor is wood then sweep, there are brooms and dust pans for you to use. If the floor is carpet then use the vacuum.
ALL GARBAGE HAULED OFF, IF DUMPSTER AVAILABLE THEN PUT IN IT. DO NOT LEAVE IN CABIN
From May to October there will be dumpster on the property.
OUTSIDE AREA CLEANED UP, THAT INCLUDES ANY BATHROOMS YOU MIGHT HAVE USED.
ANY ITEM NOT DONE WILL BE A $50.00 DEDUCTION FROM YOUR DEPOSIT or lose your deposit and for those that gave their word and not a deposit, Jeff can send them a bill requesting the full damage deposit or whatever he feels reasonable. See the Availability/Reservations link at the bottom “Do Not Get On The Bad List”
COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED. I CANNOT CONTROL EVERYTHING, AS I LEAVE THAT UP TO EACH OF MY GUESTS
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! IT IS NICE TO SHARE MY PLACE WITH OTHERS.
- Booking Info
- Monthly rentals considered, most likely to consider during slow season or winter months.
- Pricing subject to change with your attitude, time of year, last minute, owners attitude and what you have to offer!
- A 7.5% lodging tax will be added to your total.
- Prices valid only for current calendar year. Rates subject to change.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard
- If you wish to pay by cash, please make arrangements when booking your reservation. We can hold your reservation with a credit card.
- Our places are available and accessible year round
- No Smoking in the cabins, please!
- Price is based on two person occupancy. $10 per night per person or pet, beyond two. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. If you bring extra pets or people it is best to inform Jeff immediately.
- If you do not inform Jeff immediately and/or use the drop box located inside the Dome, you will be charged double when you leave. This will come out of your damage deposit. That is $20 for each (not $10)! I’m tired of people not the pets trying to get over on me and not treating me as I ask. It took years to fix these places up, never getting paid and now I just want to be treated as I ask. I’m trying to give you a place in the mountains for you to enjoy and not create a leash for either of us.
- For final payment there is a drop box in the Dome. There is a sign in the Dome to verify the amount to be put in the drop box.
Thank You for your honesty, Jeff