The Cottontail Cabin is approximately 700 square feet. It has a separate bedroom with a queen bed, a living room with a fold out couch (queen), a dining room and a snack bar in between the living room and the kitchen. There are two doors that exit the cabin onto the deck, one from the bedroom and the other from the living room. Once on the deck there is a door into the bathhouse area. A wood stove and a few small electric heaters provide warmth.
This cabin has a refrigerator, microwave, popcorn popper, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, coffeepot, toaster, electric hot plates, electric skillets, crock pot, roaster oven, etc. The bathroom is located in the central bathhouse, which is attached at the end of the Cottontail cabin. It has one shower, one toilet and a sink. The bathhouse is shared with guests from the Rabbit Den and Thumper cabins in the summer, and with guests in the Wild Hare during the winter months when the water has been shut off to those cabins. There is also an outhouse located on the property for those not wanting to wait for the toilet at the bathhouse. See the Property Layout for reference.
When the water has been shut off to the Rabbit Den, Thumper, and Wild Hare, Jeff tries to keep it on at the Cottontail and the Bathhouse. This happens near the end of October until the end of April. Please verify with Jeff about the water during the off-season.
Entrance to bath house is from the road way, not from the porch of Cottontail.
Blankets and pillows are provided. All guests must bring:
- Linens or sleeping bags for beds
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Trash bags
Any of these items can be provided for an additional fee.
Firewood is provided for in-cabin use only. Please do not use this firewood for outside campfires. Additional wood can be purchased on site or brought with you. A splitting maul is available and each guest is responsible for filling the wood box with small to medium sized pieces of wood so that the next guest can easily start a fire. Please bring firewood whenever possible. Anyone using the splitting maul or axe is responsible for his or her own safety and those around when splitting firewood! Be safe and aware of others around as wood can fly through the air when split.
Tap water in the cabin comes from a well on the property. Those who don’t like well water are advised to bring a few gallons of drinking water. See the property layout for the location of the outside well.
The water to the cabin gets shut off around Nov. 1 or sooner and then gets turned on around May 1 depends on the weather. The bathhouse attached to the Cottontail stays available, so does the outhouse located on the property.
You don’t want to be on the Bad List! Anyone who doesn’t follow the policies will be put on the Bad List and won’t be allowed to return for many years, in addition to losing your deposit. Below is a picture of the Cottontail cabin prior restoration and renovation.
Outside there is a gas grill, charcoal grill, and a fire pit.
WOOD BOX IS FULL AND READY FOR NEXT GUEST.
“Pay it Forward”, This is where you help manage the cabin and save your deposit, Thank You from the next guest and Jeff
Make sure the wood is the type that is dry, and small to medium-sized so those who arrive next can easily start the fire.
THE DISHES ARE CLEAN AND PUT AWAY, AND THE COUNTERS LEFT CLEAN,
FLOORS ARE CLEAN AND ALL RUGS HAVE BEEN SHAKEN OUT AND PUT BACK AS FOUND.
If the floor is wood then sweep, there are brooms and dust pans for you to use. If the floor is carpet then use the vacuum.
ALL GARBAGE HAULED OFF, IF DUMPSTER AVAILABLE THEN PUT IN IT.
DO NOT LEAVE IN CABIN
From May to October there will be dumpster on the property.
OUTSIDE AREA CLEANED UP, THAT INCLUDES ANY BATHROOMS YOU MIGHT HAVE USED.
ANY ITEM NOT DONE WILL BE A $50.00 DEDUCTION FROM YOUR DEPOSIT or lose your deposit and for those that gave their word and not a deposit, Jeff can send them a bill requesting the full damage deposit or whatever he feels reasonable. See the Availability/Reservations link at the bottom “Do Not Get On The Bad List”
COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED. I CANNOT CONTROL EVERYTHING, AS I LEAVE THAT UP TO EACH OF MY GUESTS
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! IT IS NICE TO SHARE MY PLACE WITH OTHERS.
- Booking Info
- Monthly rentals considered, most likely to consider during slow season or winter months.
- Pricing subject to change with your attitude, time of year, last minute, owners attitude and what you have to offer!
- A 7.5% lodging tax will be added to your total.
- Prices valid only for current calendar year. Rates subject to change.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard
- If you wish to pay by cash, please make arrangements when booking your reservation. We can hold your reservation with a credit card.
- Our places are available and accessible year round
- No Smoking in the cabins, please!
- Price is based on two person occupancy. $10 per night per person or pet, beyond two. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. If you bring extra pets or people it is best to inform Jeff immediately.
- If you do not inform Jeff immediately and/or use the drop box on the property located at Jeff’s house you will be charged double when you leave. This will come out of your damage deposit. That is $20 for each (not $10)! I’m tired of people not the pets trying to get over on me and not treating me as I ask. It took years to fix these places up, never getting paid and now I just want to be treated as I ask. I’m trying to give you a place in the mountains for you to enjoy and not create a leash for either of us.
- For final payment there is a drop box on the property with a sign at each cabin for you to verify the amount to be put in the drop box and the location of the drop box.
Thank You for your honesty, Jeff